Alerts and Escalations
If you have different systems to monitor, you may involve different persons in your escalations and notifications. We support this with escalation schemes.
In addition to providing you with a name, escalation schemes have several useful properties:
- Automatic Resolve triggers, if an incident is not resolved by either your monitoring solution or an operator. You can then choose to resolve issues automatically -- just enter a number of seconds larger than zero. On the other hand, if you need to continue alerting until an issue is resolved, just set this value to -1.
- Automatic Close works like its resolving counterpart.
The big fun starts with configuring the notification parts:
You can add "steps", which are placeholders for your notifications settings. In this example,
- notifications are sent directly when an incident is triggered.
- 10 minutes, after the incident has been triggered -- if it has not been resolved
- finally, when the incident is resolved
There is no limit in the number of steps that you can use for your schemes.